Saturday, August 29, 2015

AN ORAL HISTORY OF NETFLIX AND CHILL ....

HE-HE (GUILTY PLEASURE OR JUST PLEASURE)
Puis-je avoir votre attention s'il vous plait.- May I have your attention, please. Well obviously I have because you are reading this now. So how do you explain the above blog title....Things that make you go hmmmm.
Its very easy actually, it all happened when suddenly we weren't getting our red envelopes in the mail anymore. My DVD player actually has 3 inches of dust. It really all seems like a blur. I mean when did we abruptly move from getting Netflix in the mail, to streaming? Mind you I just read an article that in certain parts of the U.S. ppl are still doing the Netflix mail in DVD portion. For me the "Chill factor" started w/ our binge of #OITNB (a.k.a.Orange is the New Black) Series. Obsession indeed started after that.
For example/ series that I am currently watching & in no particular order:
  • Portlandia (season 1 thru 4)
  • Chef's Table
  • Bloodline
  • The Mind of a Chef
  • Anthony Bourdains Parts Unknown 
  • Sense 8
  • And all things Ken Burns: documentary of the following: The West/Prohibition/The War/The Civil War/
  • Grace & Frankie (so far Season 1) highly recommend this one! w/ Jane Fonda
  • of course last but not least binged on "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt"
  • ahhhh ok and now Mad Men (Season 7) please note they only have on +Netflix up to episode 13 for the rest of the final season you will have to buy it on I-tunes or wait for who knows how long
And those are just the "series" part, last night I watched 2 documentaries:
Faith Connections- Director : Pan Nalin
Steve Jobs: one last thing- by PBS

I mean the fun and learning is never ending! Not all is on Netlfix however, sometimes I type in a title that I could almost guarantee would be there and its not. So I swing over to +EPIX / +Hulu or +AmazonPrimeTV 

And finally if your title is not there then you have to pay my friend : Apple- I Tunes
So there you go a never ending stream to turn you into a zombie in no time, and an excellent excuse to put off scrubbing your toilet!
Have a great weekend.... and this one is Pro-Bono for you Mr @jaredbkeller 
Ad-Honorem ;) 




PORTLANDIA-TONI & CANACE-JOURNALING WORKSHOP 101
http://youtu.be/UiI0S9QV0gI

No comments:

Post a Comment