Friday, November 20, 2015

MEETUP- AGEISM IS ALIVE AND WELL PPL

Closeup portrait headshot young woman with glasses having trouble seeing cell phone has vision problems. Bad text message. Negative human emotion facial expression perception. Confusing technology - stock photo
PICTURE OF 57 YEAR OLD WOMAN LOOKING AT AN APP




Ok , so like my title says Age-ism is alive and well ppl. Yep indeed. I attended a monthly meet-up for Techies such as myself with 3 presentations:
I'm sure not one of the 5000+ members is blogging about this, but picture Candice from Portlandia with her mouth wide open:
So it went down like this:& yes I took notes like any good journalist would do:
Presentation #1: mind you that these are all Start ups looking for VC (Venture Capital) $$$$$
ok back to Presentation 1------> Quriquant is for Traders as in Stock/bonds/smart guy very on point/ new his craft
Presentation 2------> INJII----> I loved this guy . He was soooo nervous, but I actually understood his concept . Bravo.
Presentation 3------->> LABRADOR CONNECT: guy walk up to stand grabs mic, starts walking around the stage like the salesperson that he is. Ok, ok lets see what hes got, I'm thinking.The man started out with this
a picture of (and I kid you not) a and I quote "a 57 year old woman squinting at a screen" All of a sudden, I looked to my left then to my right and everyone was chuckling. This is the part where I should have stood up and said " this is the Sexist and most ageist presentation ever" what if this started with "imagine a Millennial squinting at the screen" It really is NOT about being a senior citizen or a millennial. Its about you starting a presentation w/ a picture of a woman with her Ipad on a couch squinting
Yes women and men all loling at the picture of the 57 year old woman looking at her Ipad screen. I was so pissed off that I should have got up and walked out right there and then. But writing a blog is a way to bring awareness of the epidemic that is Ageism and Sexism
So FYI , I will ck out this guys direct competitor BOOMTOWN!
So check it out Brian, after you started your presentation chuckling at the expense of the 57 year old woman staring at her I-pad, I completely forgot what you were presenting
I suggest that you watch the video below , I am Candace. And if you don't know who Candace is... then you need to start watching Portlandia and watching ALL WOMEN FOR THAT MATTER.
WE ARE ALL THE 57 YEAR OLD WOMAN
Brian  (not the Air Conditioner Man) WATCH THIS
Click on the Brian tab to understand what I'm talking about
xo @latinabug_nj
Closeup portrait headshot elderly man with glasses having trouble seeing cell phone has vision problems. Bad text message. Negative human emotion facial expression perception. Confusing technology - stock photo

No comments:

Post a Comment