Friday, December 11, 2015

GOING TO DISNEYWORLD? PREP PPL...

MY MIND WHILE "PREPPING"
Well Hello M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E! Remember the Mickey Mouse show?!! I think it was on 2 centuries ago. Anyway, I haven't been to Disney world since 1994 , so do the math. I wasn't aware of all the "prep" you actually need before arriving.
The "prep" or Mise en Place (meeze-on-plahs) definition: means to have on hand all the ingredients measured and prepared- we are going to need bullet points for this:

  • Here I am thinking of all nights, I am just going to pick up the phone and voila there will be a Disney Magic Kingdom table reserved and ready for me before midnite -not . Make sure you call way in advance to make your dinner reservations. I am lucky enough to have a fellow tweep that hooked me up with a wonderful app : My Disney Experience- whatever you do download this! Of course after putting in my date and refreshing the screen after 100 times, I got a dinner reservation at 9pm!! woot!
  • Another term or event that you may be unfamiliar with: Maximum Park Capacity. Meaning you will actually be turned away, regardless if you got there as early as 10am. Yep, so we are getting there at 7am and we are planning to stay there way past midnight.Gasp
  • Now in the event you are not app friendly , you have the option of calling for dinner reservations: which of course I did: and you are greeted with harps and twinkle and magic and a unicorn and rainbows. Then the customer service rep comes finally on the line. This is me: Hi! I want to make reservations for Magic Kingdom for NYE. Insert unamused emoji here. Ok no places available. Me: Check Epcot! Check Animal Kingdom! Customer Service rep: Mam Epcot is not Magic Kingdom...
  •  
  •  Who knew after 20 years things would be so different. But they are. Remember in 1994 there were no apps there was only Mickey & Minnie and Pluto and well you get the picture.
  • Oh and also if you think you will get into a drunken stupor on NYE forget it the only place that you can get a beer is at "Be our Guest Restaurant" which is book till 2020. We will only have coca-cola (wink)
  • Oh and I have included a link below on how to enjoy Disney w/ the Whole Family (yes there is a You Tube channel for that)
  • And it goes on and on and on....geez sometimes I wish it was 1994 again.DISNEY PARKS YOU TUBE CHANNEL NO REALLY 
So guys, I will keep you updated... this is really a work in progress...
xo @latinabug_nj

No comments:

Post a Comment