Friday, January 30, 2015

OF NY BLIZZARDS & NY TIMES...

So.... where my snowflakes at??? Who else in northern NJ woke up peeked out the window and wtf you mean the snow is not up to my window? AS IF!!! We (and I speak for all northern NJ) should be compensated for the amount of ANXIETY suffered. Around 9 pm , of course I had the TV blasting, scrolling TL on Twitter constantly and this did not help. The blizzard of the century ladies and gentlemen would be amongst us any minute , my palms were sweaty, I was really really really scared for my life. Because they were announcing wind gusts of 50 mph, now let me tell you my home is made out of river rock stone, that was not my worry. My main concern were the TREES and I am surrounded by one giant acorn and 2 oaks, if I went to sleep would we live through this???
The word was stay home , get home , yes but do they take trees into account? I was more
terrified than Sandy, I guess because this hurricane(Sandy) struck us during the day that I was able to hold on to my dining room table and pray in at the same time. But what do you do if they are telling you that the bulk of the storm will hit you aprox. 1am?? Hell no, that is my beauty sleep time!
Well we lived through it and yes I did clean up and had fun with the snow-blower and made a snowman w/ my son. But I'm still pissed cause it through us all off, Wednesday was Monday , so I have no idea what today is.
Anyway, I love the NY Times and once in a while I tweet to some journalists and of course it goes into oblivion because no one answers ... but alas! @lauramholson a.k.a. Ms. Laura M. Holson did answer and ehem as a matter of fact tweeted with me back and forth. See I read a recent article by her regarding the closure of C-Wonder. If you know anything about this chain of stores , you know that the owner is the ex-hubby of Ms. Tory Burch. And I think this store was a knock off of Tory and its one giant mess. So I wanted to follow this journalist, and to my surprise and interest her Twitter bio reads as follows>
"Feature writer NY Times. Occasionally write about Hollywood where a studio executive once held a butter knife to my neck" LMAO of course my curious self had to find out more about the butter knife incident , so I did what every curious tweep would do, please hook me up with the link to this article. Just FYI Ms. Holson then proceeded to tell me to go to the NY Times website and search for her post related to this. UMMMM she has 950+ freakin articles. How the hell do you narrow something down from post written circa 1998 and beyond. I didn't , and I was persistent. Ms. Holson one sentence reply: You will read it in my upcoming memoir. Ok my jaw dropped, now I'm salivating, this will be so "juicy" !! And yes I checked no Memoir for pre-order yet on +Amazon.com . Looking forward to the tea Ms. Holson. Indeed.
how do you like Juno? #mia 
xo @latinabug_nj

No comments:

Post a Comment