Friday, May 8, 2015

MONTAGE OF HECK/NIRVANA & OTHER THEORIES...



Good One
So the above documentary premiered on HBO, with illustrations (some of them gross and graphic) but interesting since he (Brett Morgen- Director) even managed to bring Kurts scribbling , journal writing to life. This week I immersed myself in all things Nirvana. And had a melancholic feeling each time I watched a video on You Tube (MTV UNPLUGGED LIVE FROM NY) or when just last nite I evidenced the VH1 Behind the Music special "Courtney Love", for this I recommend you You Tube it. I guess since I was in my early 20s when Kurt killed himself and I was distracted with other music, I really didn't know for a fact that an overwhelming amount of Nirvana fans have/had this theory all this time that Courtney Love allegedly murdered him. Things that make you go hmmmmm.....
I then proceeded to do more research ordering Kurts Journal book and Brett Morgens book of the 
movie. Also previous to all this I had watched on Hulu the documentary by the BBC called Kurt & Courtney.  Never once did I believe that Courtney had anything to do with it. Back in the day I was a huge HOLE fan. LTT was my favorite album, and would listen to it over and over and over until it was all scratched up. I've just recently have become super interested in Nirvana and all things Kurt. Because the man was soooo interesting himself. Was really surprised too that his daughter (see pic below) was listed as Executive Producer. Now you can follow Ms. Frances Bean Cobain on twitter @alka_seltzer666 
Now woah I went through her TL on Twitter and some of the things she is into is mostly dark, i.e. : the art of Henry Darger , author of The Realms of the Unreal - I tried finding the movie based on him on I Tunes/ Netflix and finally found it on You Tube. Documentary by Jessica Yu- narrated by Dakota Fanning. I will blog about this too soon. Disturbing. Anyway, I just went on Twitter to find the handle for the Director Brett Morgan and Holy crap! He just went on a super dispelling rumor rant!!
Bullets please: @brettmorgan "Over the next hour, I will dispel several myths about the making of Montage of Heck":
  • Don Cobain only agreed to an interview after speaking with Frances. This was the first time he agreed to appear on camera.
  • None of the footage of Kurt and Courtney, pre Frances was in the storage facility. Eric, came to my office last winter w/ an unseen hi8 tp
  • Courtney didnt see the film until the week of the premiere and never saw a frame prior to that.
  • There is not a single edit in this film that was dictated by a family member studio or network.
  • We were actively constructing the film in 2013/2014 . From 2007-2012 I was trying to acquire the necessary rights. The breakthrough was FBC
  • The montage that opens the film was meant to evoke the world that don and jenny brought into and that Kurt was brought into.
  • no animals were harmed during the making of the film
  • All of @HiskoHulsing's animation was done by hand except 2 shots that were composited in 3D
  • The soundtrack will not feature any Nirvana music. Its all Kurt. A few unreleased tracks from the film, the rest have never been heard.
  • We first approached Dave about an interview in April 2014
  • Dave did sit for an int. 3 weeks after I completed the film. He was great. But unfortunately, it was too late for inclusion.
  • The film could not have been made without the support of Dave, Krist, Wendy, Don, Kim, Courtney or Frances. Everyone came together for this
  • All of the "score" heard  in the film that was not arranged by Jeff Danna, is Kurts. The guitar under the Frances letter seq is Kurt.
WEW, this guy is either super thorough or he does not have a life. He wrote all this in 13 tweets. All on the same day! Either he was buggin out from all the comments, or he was sitting at an airport and didnt have Periscope. However, going back to the theory of the murder, I did follow a guy that is adamant and vocal about this and you can also follow him on Twitter : @realjohnh 
The whole thing is just sad, can't wait for my 2 books to come in. Will be very interesting.
Have a nice weekend and Happy Mommas day this Sunday

I'm a self-proclaimed Witch 

No comments:

Post a Comment